Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Golf Course Challenge

In June of 2002, a good friend of mine and I were golfing in Whistler, British Columbia at the RTJ Jr. designed Chateau Whistler. I made the claim that I would play at least 1,000 different courses by the time I was 70 years old. At the time, I was nearing 28, and I had played somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 different courses. He bet me I couldn't do it. If I did, he would pay for my 1,000th round anywhere in the world -- as long as he got to play it with me. So, not only do I have the tall order of trying to play at least 23 new courses each year going forward, we have to remain friends for potentially the next 40 years.

In this weblog, I will cover various topics, but I will focus on reviewing courses I've played and hope to play. I will also spout off about golf course design, golf travel, business and golf, the PGA Tour, and anything else golf-related that interests me and my golf buddies. I hope you will join me from time to time. You might even learn a thing or two and become inspired to play some of the places I've played. Maybe I'll even inspire you to play 1,000!

1 Comments:

Blogger brigita said...

Heya Neighbor! Hope you'll be blogging about more than just golf because, while I kinda get the insanity (see: The Mister), it's mostly just Zzzzz to me.

Woo! More blog buddies!!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home