Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Friday, September 28, 2007

David Duval and I Are Both Back In Action

I've been away from blogging for well over a month now. I don't know how it happened other than I was busy doing other things and didn't make the time to post. I can't guarantee multiple posts every week, but I will try harder to increase the frequency of the articles.

I am happy to see David Duval playing again. The Viking Classic could be the only tournament he enters for the rest of the season, but at least he's back. He's been out since February helping out his wife, who had a difficult pregnancy. That's commendable, and his play in the first round was equally good. He shot 72 (even par) and has a legitimate shot at making the cut if he can pull off a one or two under round today. The tournament is being held at Annandale CC, and for what it's worth, I shot an 87 the one time I played there about six years ago.

He did the right thing to take care of his family when they needed him, but with his encouraging start earlier this year, it would have been interesting to see what he would have done playing a full schedule. Hopefully he'll be family emergency and injury-free next season.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Pedersen said...

I'm pulling for him. He's had a tough go of it personally!

3:05 PM  
Blogger John Gorman said...

That's for sure. His three under round on Friday was very encouraging. Hopefully he's having fun out there. It always leads to nice play by him.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home