Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Golfing in Nova Scotia

I have visited over thirty countries, and I will say without cracking even a slight smile that Canada is one of my six or seven favorite countries. I won't go into all of the reasons why, but if you haven't visited, check it out. The best time to go is either June, September, or October (unless you're a skier). And, a bonus is that Canada has some amazing golf courses.
A couple of weeks ago, Sara and I headed up to Nova Scotia for her birthday. I had been wanting to go there for about the past five years, mainly to play Stanley Thompson's famous course, Highlands Links, on Cape Breton Island. I played it and loved it. It's firmly in my top 10 favorite courses of all time at number six. However, I was a dunce because I chose not to bring our camera with me on the course. Since I was a single joining up with three other people, I didn't want to be "that guy" who is snapping pictures throughout the round.
Fortunately, Sara caddied for me a couple of days before at a beautiful nine-holer in Gusyborough called Osprey Shores. She brought the Nikon, and took the following shots. The course is being upgraded by the new owner, Glynn Williams. I believe he has plans to toughen it up, but I like it just the way it is. One would be hard-pressed to find a better setting. The course is on a peninsula on Chedabucto Bay, and from every part of the property you have a view of the water. I played with rentals because United screwed up, but I hit the ball very well, as they were a brand new set of Adams. I hope you like the photos.



From top to bottom: 1) A typical view from the fairway, 2) Teeing off next to the bay, 3) The dutiful and beautiful caddy, and 4) My approach shot at #7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home