Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Friday, June 01, 2007

Arriving at the Course in Style


With my 12 handicap, I don't always play very well, but I try to look good on the course to distract my playing partners from my wayward shots and missed five footers. The white belt I purchased this spring from Beltmaster has really helped me in the style department. I also like wearing threads from Loud Mouth Golf to stir the pot.
However, looking good on the course is only half of the recipe. Looking good on your way to the course makes even the most pedestrian round worthwhile.
I was very pleased with myself last year because I played three different rounds of golf in which I took a boat to the course. The first one was in Bermuda, the second was in Coeur d'Alene, and the third was at my brother Jimmy's club, Bayonne Golf Club. I had never taken a boat to play golf in my life, and here I was doing it three times in about eight months. No matter what kind of rig you drive, boating to the course just feels cooler.
Still, it's not as cool as arriving for your round in a private plane or a helicopter. I have not partaken in either of these indulgences (maybe I need some new friends...), but brother Jimmy will be utilizing Bayonne's helicopter tomorrow. It's about a seven minute flight from Manhattan, and they will land on the course's helipad near the driving range, which is a chip shot from the eighteenth green.
Do you have an experience you'd like to share about arriving to the golf course in style? Maybe your friend has a Bentley or a Rolls that you've rolled up in. Or, a Gulfstream V?
Share your stories in the comments section.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to roll up to Westlake Golf Course and North Ranch Country Club in a 1986 Mercury Grand Marquis wagon. Navy blue with wood paneling. I bet that helicopter didn't have wood paneling.
Katie

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home