Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Lots of Controversy at Networked Golfer


Veteran bloggers say that the way to get traffic to your blog is to be controversial. Though it's sort of difficult to be very controversial on a golf blog, my recent posts on my top 10 favorite courses and my march to 1,000 have created a stir.

I've had several complaints about "my" Top 10 list. Unless you've played the exact same courses as me, don't you think it's a little crazy to question my list? However, I can see where there would be disagreements about a course's placement within the Top 10. I actually welcome the reparte.

One complaint charged was that I left several good courses off the Top 10 which my friend knew I had played and couldn't believe weren't in the Top 10. I told him I'd add 15 more for all to see. I hope this makes him feel better:

11) Kapalua (Plantation) - Kapalua, Maui, HI
12) Chateau Whistler Golf Club - Whistler, BC, Canada
13) Los Angeles Country Club (North) - Los Angeles, CA
14) Cabo del Sol (Desert) - Los Cabos, Mexico
15) Hidden Creek Golf Club - Egg Harbor Township, NJ
16) Cog Hill No. 4 (Dubsdread) - Lemont, IL
17) Beechtree Golf Club - Aberdeen, MD
18) Reykjavik Golf Club (Grafarholt) - Reykjavik, Iceland
19) Tobacco Road - Sanford, NC
20) Cabo Real - Los Cabos, Mexico
21) Royal New Kent - Providence Forge, VA
22) Firestone Country Club (North) - Akron, OH
23) Saucon Valley Country Club (Grace) - Bethlehem, PA
24) Atlantic City Country Club - Linwood, NJ
25) P.B. Dye Golf Club - Ijamsville, MD

This same friend (who shall remain nameless) complained that I've only played some of my top courses once, so how could I really rate them so high? He wants to know how of our regular haunts stack up against each other. The courses in the DC area that we play somewhat often are ranked:

1) P.B. Dye
2) Raspberry Falls
3) Augustine
4) Little Bennett
5) Blue Mash
*Whiskey Creek came in at #4, but I've only played it once, so it can't be on this list.

Satisfied, Jack? Oops, I let the cat out of the bag. Sorry, Jack. I didn't mean to diss you or your beloved Cannon Ridge. Then again, it's my blog, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home