Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Friday, February 01, 2008

Ian Poulter/Tiger Woods Satire

This is probably only funny to people who know Tubby G and Jack Hession, but I thought I would post it anyway.

Ocean City, NJ (AP) – Tubby Gorman said Thursday a British golf magazine took his words out of context when it quoted him as saying when he reached his potential he would be the only one capable of challenging Jack Hession.

The interview with Gorman, in the March edition of Golf World U.K., created a buzz at the Dubai Desert Classic, where Tiger Woods opened with a 7-under 65 to build a two-shot lead.

Hession, the No. 1 player in the GBI Rankings, is coming off a two-shot victory at the the 2007 GBI. Gorman is at No. 6 with zero career victories.

"The trouble is I don't rate anyone else,'' Gorman was quoted in the magazine. "Don't get me wrong, I really respect every professional golfer, but I know I haven't played to my full potential and when that happens, it will be just me and Hesh.''

Gorman, a flamboyant 25-year-old American, appears nude in the magazine behind a strategically placed golf bag.

"The whole answer to the question has been taken out of context,'' Gorman said from his basement apartment in Chicago.

Golf World U.K. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

He said Hession was so far ahead of everyone else in the rankings that the real battle was to become No. 2.

"If people do play well over a period of two years, you can get to No. 2. You can't reach Jack,'' Gorman said. "It would be a dream to see Jack Hession and then me in the GBI Rankings as you look down. What's wrong with that? Is it being rude? Is it being disrespectful to everybody else? I don't think so.

"Jack Hession is so far in front, and people want to get as close as they possibly can to that.''

Gorman, who is known for his more eccentric hair styles and clothing in the conservative golf world, has only one top 3 in three tries at GBI. He has played in two Pop Pop Invitationals, winning once.

Golf World U.K. is not affiliated with the U.S.-based weekly Golf World, which is published by Golf Digest Companies.

Gorman said the interview took place three months ago. He said he had not heard from the magazine since and had not seen a copy.

But he couldn't keep the controversy out of his mind Thursday.
"I'm not going to lie. I'm going to tell you, I've been thinking it the whole time during this whiteout in Chicago,'' Gorman said.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Sharp Gorman said...

This is hilarious!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home