Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Monday, February 25, 2008

PGA Tour Predictions for Rest of the Year

The PGA Tour season is in full swing with the boys heading to Florida this week for the Honda, and though it seems like I'm cheating by making my 2008 predictions now, nothing has happened very different from other years (i.e. Tiger dominating) that would change my predictions if I had done them two months ago.

Here they are:
1) Rookie of the Year - Jason Day
2) Player of the Year - Tiger Woods
3) Masters Winner - Phil Mickelson (2nd - Angel Cabrera)
4) US Open Winner - Tiger (2nd - Mickelson)
5) Open Championship Winner - Sergio Garcia (2nd - Justin Rose)
6) PGA Championship Winner - Justin Leonard or Ernie Els
7) Number of Wins for Tiger Woods - Nine
8) Number of Wins for Mickelson - Four
9) Surprise Two-time Winner - Steve Marino
10) Ryder Cup Winner - GB& I
11) Ryder Cup Team (USA) - Woods, Furyk, Mickelson, Stricker, Cink, Mahan, Weekley, Verplank, Leonard, Marino, Dustin Johnson, and Jonathan Byrd (others to watch are Lucas Glover and Zach Johnson)
12) Ryder Cup Team (GB&I) - Justin Rose, Lee Westwood, Luke Donald, Paul Casey, Ian Poulter, Sergio Garcia, Henrik Stenson, Martin Kaymer, Padraig Harrington, Niclas Fasth, Rory McIlroy, and Colin Montgomerie (others to watch are Daniel Chopra and Bradley Dredge)

Agree? Disagree? Let me know in the comments section.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprised by a couple of things. Tiger to only win one major? The way he is playing, it looks like he will win them all! And even more surprising is that you left Woody Austin off of the Ryder Cup team. He was great in the President's Cup and has been playing solid golf for a couple of years now... -JG

9:16 AM  
Blogger John Gorman said...

I thought about Austin, and he'll probably make it on points. I wanted to suggest some of the younger guys, and he got left off.

Tiger will probably win two majors, but I don't think he'll win all of them. Tough for me to predict a sweep, so I gave him only one major.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Marino two time winner are you seriousssss. Also Tiger is atleast going to win two majors.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home