Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Beechtree Is Closing - See Footage Here

Beechtree Golf Club in Aberdeen, MD is closing for good on December 7th. It is one of Tom Doak's early designs, and its conversion into a housing development is going to be a huge loss for the Mid-Atlantic public golfing scene.

I played it last week for the third and final time. We were able to sneak in 27 bittersweet holes before it got too dark to continue. I'm going to post some pictures of the course later, but for now, the following video will have to suffice. It contains footage our our day (as well as a few clips from another course), so for those of you who have never played Beechtree, this is a pretty good look at some of the holes.

4 Comments:

Blogger pntrmarc said...

Well, here goes. Time to meet the critics.

I like to think this video and those to follow will become all the rage (outrage might be more like it).

I'm sure some will get a kick out of it, some might get mad, some will howl with sarcasm. What I'd really like to see is a scientific test facility put it to the test.

I'd LOVE some feedback. And think about SUBSCRIBING. That way you'll receive updates as I put more of these up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeF2ql8WI8w

AND

I know he's my son, but this video is great...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yrLlTnzeHI

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It breaks my heart to see Beechtree closed for redevelopment. What kills me is that Harford County would not allow this property to be developed for commercial and residential use back in the 90's, but now it's OK.
Hmmm.

8:24 AM  
Blogger lummot said...

A very interesting article on the topics. Please keep posting more on this. For more info/
https://bit.ly/2NLFxfQ
https://bit.ly/2mGCrhq

11:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think this is one of those things that new golfers missed the most
types of golf wedges

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home