Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Best New Courses of 2006 (For Me)

There are a heck of a lot of "best new" lists circulating. However, since most of the courses are far from home, extremely expensive, or private, I rarely have a chance to play any of the hottest new courses in the world.

However, I do make a point each year of playing as many courses as possible that may not be new, but are new to me. In 2006, I played twenty-one courses I had never played before. Unofficially, my record for new courses in one year is twenty-three, which I accomplished in 2001.

Here are my personal Five Best New Courses for 2006:
1) Bayonne Golf Club -- Bayonne, NJ
2) Cabo del Sol (Ocean) -- Los Cabos, Mexico
3) NCR Country Club (South) -- Kettering, OH
4) Cabo del Sol (Desert) -- Los Cabos, Mexico
5) Bulle Rock Golf Club -- Havre de Grace, MD

I have my sights set on several top courses in 2007 when the weather turns better. I don't know if I'll be able to match my stellar 2006, but Lord knows I'm gonna try.

Have any of you recently played excellent courses for the first time that you think I should seek out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home