Shop a wide variety of Callaway Golf accessories at Callaway's official online store! Eyewear, bags, gloves, and much more. Click Here!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What's Your Dream Golf Destination?

This post about Pebble Beach over at Playing the Top 100 Golf Courses in the World got me thinking about my dream golf destinations. In the post, he makes a comparison between Pebble and Bandon Dunes --neither of which I've visited.

I've teed it up at several of the standard golf meccas, including Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach, Florida, Hawaii, the Dominican Republic, Cabo, and Scotland. And, I've played some cool courses in places that aren't necessarily known for golf, including Iceland, Portugal, Nova Scotia, and Idaho. But there are plenty of places I either haven't visited or where I haven't played golf when I visited that are worth mentioning.

Some of these are very far away from my home and will take some doing to get there, but I plan on golfing them all someday. Here are my current dream golfing destinations:

1) Ireland - I've been there twice, but I wasn't able to play either time. Hopefully, 2009 is the year for the Emerald Isle.
2) South Africa - I've been there too, but golfing wasn't on the agenda. Ideally, I'd like to take about three or four weeks to sample the golf and the wines.
3) Australia - I've never been, but I hear the golf is Aussi-ome!
4) Japan - Something tells me that golfing in Japan would be a truly unique experience for a westerner like me.
5) England - I lived in London for six months back in the late '90s, but I didn't have any money.
6) Bandon Dunes - Everyone says this is THE place to play.
7) Spain - I've been there, but golf wasn't the reason --unfortunately.
8) Dubai - I'm sure the current batch of courses aren't great, but I imagine excellent courses will be plentiful within the next five years.
9) Argentina - It's a beautiful country with many golf options. I'd like to go back soon and check out their offerings.
10) Arizona - I've never golfed in Arizona. I think I'll test it out some September when it's not overly hot and the rates are reasonable.

I'd like to hear where others consider their dream golf destinations. I'm sure I'm leaving out dozens. Comment away!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted said...

I had my golf dream last year having the fantastic opportunity to play Pebble Beach in March and then St. Andrews in May. I don't know if I will ever have such a year again of playing world class courses.

I'd like to find a way to track all the courses I have played. I keep an Excel sheet now - any cool applications out there that can do it for me?

11:26 PM  
Blogger Apryl DeLancey said...

My dream is definitely The Old Course...one day...

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home